Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The time has come......

Well it certainly has, I have managed my first semester at University. Psychology has opened up probably too much thinking and questions and set a path for personal change. The interesting thing about it all is that other adult students have said it did the same thing for them. First I went in one area and then another and now I think health psychology is the area for me. I love working with the kids but health is more related to me and of course I can still escape reality and write my stories. The mud and troll story one is developing nicely and the one about stumpy is almost complete. Just need to get the art work done and the right side of the brain may begin to get sorted. People are still thinking I am more strange than it first appears, as I have my camera out again at every opportunity photographing chairs! Photos later!
Social psych seems to give me plenty to wonder about with areas of; how we think we behave and how we think others behave and even why we think people behave in different ways. Including our perception of love. When you break the love emotions down to the logic, it makes you wonder if it really exists outside our heads, and even why don't we fall 'in love' more often? If it is just things like proximity,similarity,physical attractiveness and reciprocity that start the process.
Asking questions seems to be an answer to the questions of life.....and when you ask the right questions you get the answers that you want. Questions like 'How are you' are usually met with 'Fine' when the real question is "How are you managing financially' which receives an altogether different answer. Men in my life seem to have difficulty asking the correct questions and are always upset when they don't receive the answer that they want.
One question that I have been asking myself lately is "What do you want" and then the next question 'How will you know when you have it'. Seems to work well for providing direction and focus. Both of which have been lacking for a while. Hopefully back on track now. Interesting too that you hold on to things for ages, well past their time, struggle to let go and then look back and wish you had let go along time ago and then once free you can look back with affection and pride at what you created.
I have loved running the children's courses (both groups finish this month) and still have another course in term 3. I hope to make that one different as some of those children have attended the first 2 sessions. More games and less formal structure. My energy level determines what happens and that is sad as it means the feeling on the course is dependent on me rather than the children. I would like to do high energy stuff but lack the energy myself so it all falls rather flat. I need to find a way around it....back to strategies. Well better finish here or it may never get posted......

No comments: