Thursday, June 19, 2008

a statement to ponder

Hi to all my loyal followers, well Nina anyway.
Last week I had coffee with a good friend who always makes me look at the bigger picture. She is very spiritual and gave me a few questions to follow on from last blog.
She made a simple statement that really got me thinking 'I chose my parents well' so I got thinking why did I choose my parents and why did my children choose me as a mother. An interesting and positive way to think about our life choices. Powerful stuff - makes you think!

So.... why did I choose my parents? This has taken some soul searching and is not complete yet. At this moment I can see that they have given me opportunities to make my own decision and mistakes and fix them myself. Perhaps in a past life I had others do everything for me and I resented that. I know there are times now that I wish someone would do it for me, especially the things I find hard. Telling someone how I really feel for example... I would rather someone else did it especially if it is not nice. And then there are those hard jobs, the ones that need tough decisions or a bit of tough love, it would be great to have someone else deal with them. I have created boundries for myself to keep safe and this has made my world quite small. I realise that I have to do it myself and it is ok to stand up for me. These thoughts are still growing....
So why did my girls choose me?.....I would like to think because I encourage them to speak up and not to feel afraid of the world. To treat others with respect and they will be treated with respect back and not be afraid to give it a go. To know that they are loved. To know what that love is and to feel supported no matter what. Heard and understood. Be open to all ideas and suggestions and accept everyone as truly unique.
I know as a person I sometimes slip in these for myself and have managed to become a bit too cynical lately. Something to work on.
Well study calls and sleep.more drips....later

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nina's not your only loyal follower...

Wordspeaker said...

Thank you for your comments. I would love to read more.

Wordspeaker said...

Thank you for your comments. I would love to read more.