Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Back again....

What an interesting few weeks..... Elections, exams and life in general. Some things will change, some will not and the one thing that is guaranteed is that life will go on....
Back again to those questions because now we are all going to have many. The big questions for us all are; will there really be any change, what will change, how will it happen and how will it affect us. So let's not get too caught up in the big picture of it all and just focus on us. To me this means concentrating on our contribution to our little patch rather than trying to influence and address the big picture.
Following on from the changes politically perhaps it is time for us all to have a look at ourselves and start to make changes? Where do we start? What questions do we need to ask ourselves to begin that journey?
The very first thing I am going to get myself to do is to list 'I am...' This is the best way to remember ourselves and to get down on paper who we are. Don't for get the words like...strong, influential, caring, happy, ...along with... an accountant, a researcher, all these thing will remind us what we are and who we are.... try to get as many as possible. My aim is 100+
What's next?

Question 1. What do I want? The usual answer is not required here. No room for 'That new car', 'More money' etc. I want you to really think about what you want and how what you want will look like, what it will feel like, really think about this one. Let yourself think about it for a couple of days and then write it all down. This could be the family, what you really want it to be like or your relationship. Just focus on one area to begin with and really think about it. What would it feel like, look like?

Question 2. What am I like when I am at my best? Really think about this one and write it all down. It can be very telling and will more often than not take you out of where you are into another place of possibility, especially if you are having a few struggles at the moment.

Thanks for allowing me to drip...I am off to work on these questions. I will be back soon with my answers and I hope you have taken the chance to work on yours. I look forward to your comments.
Till next time......

No comments: